Best in Hospitality Recognized in Northwest Indiana
The South Shore Convention and Visitors Association has honored the best in the region's hospitality industry. During its 34th annual Holiday Reception, the organization recognized recipients of awards including Hotels of the Year, Restaurant of the Year and Attraction of the Year.
Chief Executive Officer Speros Batistatos says "each year we honor businesses that have made substantial improvements and contributed to the hospitality industry to improve the region for residents as well as visitors."
2017 Honorees are:
- Hotels of the Year: Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton in Munster and Homewood Suites by Hilton in Munster
- Restaurant of the Year: Off Square Brewing in Crown Point
- Attraction of the Year: Edge Adventures NW Indiana at Deep River Park in Merrillville
- Festivals and Events of the Year: City of Whiting, Special Events
- Sporting Event of the Year: Game Day USA in Naperville, Illinois
- Outstanding Individual Contribution: Kaitlyn Hendricks of 3 Floyds Brewing Co. in Munster
- Elected Official of the Year: Indiana Representative Ed Soliday (R-4)
- Chester F. Dobis Lifetime Achievement Award: Steve Teibel of Teibel's Family Restaurant in Schererville
The event earlier this month included more than 250 attendees.