Indy Metro Amazon HQ2 Names Co-Chairs
Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett and Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness have announced additional co-chairs of the Indy Metro Amazon HQ2 project. The task force will bring together a small diverse group of public and private stakeholders representing the Indy region’s largest organizations and industries to help guide the bid effort coordinated and supported by the Indy Chamber.
The Indy Metro Amazon HQ2 RFP task force co-chairs include:
• Joe Hogsett, Mayor of Indianapolis
• Scott Fadness, Mayor of Fishers and Central Indiana Council of Elected Officials Vice Chair
• Julie Bielawski (pictured), chief executive officer of Knowledge Services
• Alonzo Weems, vice president and deputy general counsel of Eli Lilly and Co.
• Marya Rose (pictured), vice president and chief administrative officer of Cummins Inc.
• Scott McCorkle, executive chairman of Torchlite Marketing, executive chairman of Fuzic, executive in residence of High Alpha, board member of Amplero
Since announcing the Indy region’s intent to submit the response, the co-chairs have been contacted by more than 600 people to provide support and have engaged organizations representing more than 5,000 businesses and individuals throughout the region and state through business groups, nonprofit entities, economic development groups, and elected officials as part of the RFP response. In partnership with Governor Holcomb and the Indiana Economic Development Corp., the Indy Chamber and Ginovus have led the coordination of the regional RFP response and serve as a central hub of activity for the bid process.
"As with all economic development projects, any information moving forward will be considered confidential, including any additional stakeholders or details of the project,” said project lead and executive managing director of Ginovus, Larry Gigerich. “Right now, we have our heads down to produce the most effective response to prove that metro Indy is the best possible location for Amazon’s HQ2."
The task force encourages creative ideas from the community to be part of the RFP response. Individuals may submit ideas and suggestions to AmazonHQ2@indychamber.com for consideration.