Tech Competitors to Spotlight 'Dynamic Sense of Possibility'
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis finalists vying for a $100,000 investment from AOL co-founder Steve Case are in. Revolution LLC, a Washington D.C.-based venture capital firm co-founded by Case, will host the Indy leg of its five-city Rise of the Rest tour and 10-company pitch competition. On October 12, Case and co-founder J.D. Vance will tour the startups, host a "fireside chat" at The Union 525 with FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, then listen to the pitches.
During an interview in June with Inside INdiana Business, Case discussed why Indianapolis is in the mix with central Pennsylvania, Ann Arbor, Green Bay and Columbus, Ohio for the competition. "It was the dynamic sense of possibility in Indianapolis. The momentum around the startup community is building in Indianapolis," Case said when the tour stops were announced in June. "It'll be a great tour after seeing some great cities that have had great histories, but we think also great futures because of what's now happening in their startup sectors."
The finalists making their pitch for Rise of the Rest have all been featured on InsideINdianaBusiness.com, our daily e-newsletters, Inside INdiana Business Television or Inside INdiana Business Radio. They are:
- Indianapolis-based Torchlite, which will be pitched by founder and Chief Executive Officer Susan Marshall
- Anderson-based Go Electric Inc., which will be pitched by founder and CEO Lisa Laughner
- Westfield-based 120WaterAudit LLC, which will be pitched by co-founder and CEO Megan Glover
- Carmel-based DemandJump Inc., which will be pitched by co-founder and CEO Christopher Day
- Indianapolis-based Canvas, which will be pitched by CEO Aman Brar
- Bloomington-based Design My Soap, which will be pitched by Soapy Soap Co. co-founder Mohammed Mahdi
- Indianapolis-based myCOI, which will be pitched by founder and CEO Kristen Nunery
- Indianapolis-based PoliticalBank.com LLC, which will be pitched by co-founder and CEO Adam Berry
- Fishers-based Fuzic Inc., which will be pitched by Executive Chairman Scott McCorkle
- Indianapolis-based Quantifi, which will be pitched by CEO RJ Talyor
You can connect to more about the national competition by clicking here.