Techshot Selected For Major NASA Contract
GREENVILLE - A Greenville-based company is one of 16 to receive a share of up to $500 million as part of a NASA Research, Engineering, and Mission Integration Services contract. Techshot Inc. says the funding will be used to assist with research and engineering efforts on the International Space Station.
Rich Boling, vice president of corporate advancement with Techshot, tells Inside INdiana Business the company does not yet know exactly how much money it will receive. He says the funding will come in the form of individual contracts to provide services such as building new or refurbishing existing equipment for the ISS or helping scientists conduct research campaigns aboard the ISS.
"We worked on the proposal for this contract for nearly a year. Being selected for it is one of the highlights of my 17 years here at Techshot," said Boling. "And although the company definitely has been on a roll the past five years, winning this contract will help propel us to a whole new level. We’re all eager to get started."
NASA says the REMIS contract was developed for the International Space Station Program, however Boling adds Techshot could be selected for projects through other NASA departments. He says the company will know more about what tasks they will be asked to complete in the coming weeks.
The other companies selected for funding include:
- Craig Technical Consulting of Cape Canaveral, Florida
- ZIN Technologies of Cleveland
- BioServe Space Technologies of Boulder, Colorado
- Teledyne Brown Engineering of Huntsville, Alabama
- Oceaneering International of Houston
- Wyle Laboratories of Houston
- Consolidated Safety Services Incorporated of Fairfax, Virginia
- Leidos Innovations Corporation of Houston
- Barrios Technology of Houston
- Sierra Nevada Corporation/Orbital Technologies Corporation of Madison, Wisconsin
- Hamilton Sundstrand Space Systems International of Houston
- MEI Technologies of Houston
- Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies of Greenbelt, Maryland
- Tec-Masters of Huntsville, Alabama
- The Boeing Company of Houston