Central Indiana Projects Receive Restoration Honors
Six projects throughout central Indiana have received awards from Indiana Landmarks. They include restoration of a more than 100-year-old library, renovation of a historic theater and work on an old jail and sheriff's residence.
Each winner represents a different category that was announced during an annual awards presentation Thursday at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
The 2017 winners are:
- Angie's List Old House Rehab Award - Paul and Emily Ehrgott - renovation of the 1886 McShane House in Clay Township near Carmel
- Outstanding Restoration Award - Indianapolis Public Library - rehabilitation of the East Washington Street Branch Library in Indianapolis
- Outstanding Restoration Award - Jail Property LLC - restoration of the old Boone County Jail and Sheriff's Residence in Lebanon
- Continued Use Award - Franklin Heritage Inc. - restoration and ongoing management of the 1922 Artcraft Theatre in Franklin
- Adaptive Use Award - Van Rooy Properties - Temple Lofts, an adaptation of Philips Temple CME Church in Indianapolis