Angie's List Co-Founder Honored by Harvard
The co-founder and chief marketing officer of Indianapolis-based Angie's List Inc. (Nasdaq: ANGI) has received a major honor from Harvard Business School. Angie Hicks, who received her MBA from the school in 2000, was one of six to receive the Alumni Achievement Award.
Harvard Business School says the award is its most important honor. "Throughout their careers, these distinguished graduates have contributed significantly to their companies and communities while upholding the highest standards and values in everything they do," the school said in a news release. "As such, they represent the best of the School’s alumni body. Exemplary role models, they inspire all those who aspire to have an impact on both business and society."
The other recipients include:
- David Bradley, chairman of Atlantic Media, a portfolio of media platforms that he built after purchasing the Atlantic in 1999.
- John Brennan, chairman emeritus of the Vanguard Group, a pioneer in the mutual fund industry known for its focus on investors.
- Ilene Lang, retired president and CEO of Catalyst, a research and advisory firm focused on bringing women into business leadership roles.
- John McArthur, Dean of Harvard Business School from 1980 to 1995 and a member of its faculty since 1962.
- Adebayo Ogunlesi, chairman and managing partner of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), an independent infrastructure investment firm focusing on energy, transportation, and water.
Earlier this month, it was announced Angie's List would be acquired by IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), the New York-based parent of HomeAdvisor. Once the acquisition is complete, Hicks will serve on the board of the combined company, which will be known as ANGI Homeservices Inc.
(Pictured Top Row): David Bradley, Bayo Ogunlesi, Ilene Lang, Jack Brennan; (Bottom Row): Angie Hicks, John McArthur