Freight Transportation Leaders in Indy to 'Talk Frankly'
A national gathering of transportation infrastructure stakeholders is underway in Indianapolis. The Influencer's Roundtable, hosted by the Ports of Indiana and the American Association of Port Authorities, will focus on issues and potential solutions related to what organizers characterize as under-investment in the country's freight infrastructure system.
It will also feature discussion about the role ports will play over the next 20 years and where the Great Lakes and inland river ports fit into the national economic picture. The Ports of Indiana says maritime shipments in the state have a $21 billion per year economic impact.
Ports of Indiana Chief Executive Officer Rich Cooper and AAPA CEO Kurt Nagle will lead the events and participants include:
- National Association of Manufacturers Vice President Robyn Boerstling
- U.S. Maritime Administration Associate Administrator of Intermodal System Development Lauren Brand
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce CEO Kevin Brinegar
- Indiana Manufacturers Association CEO Brian Burton
- National Association of Waterfront Employers Executive Director John Crowley
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. Senior Executive Vice President Tom Easterday
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Senior Asset Management Specialist Doug Ellsworth
- WSP U.S. Director-Maritime Division Vice President Blair Garcia
- ArcelorMittal Steel Senior Division Manager of Primary Operations Dale Heinz
- Ball State University Economist Michael Hicks
- Conexus Indiana VP of Operations and Business Development David Holt
- AECOM Director of Freight Logistics & Planning Lee Hutchins
- Indiana Motor Truck Association President Gary Langston
- Alliance Coal Vice President Kevin J. Larkin
- Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services Senior Vice President Gary R. Long
- Indiana Department of Transportation Commissioner Joe McGuiness
- Indiana Department of Agriculture Director Ted McKinney
- Fastport CEO Bill McLennan
- America's Central Port Director of Engineering & Construction William S. Stahlman III
The event takes place during national Infrastructure Week.