Ball State Hands Out Journalism Awards
MUNCIE - The creator and host of Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick was among recipients at the annual Ball State University Department of Journalism Awards Program Wednesday. Gerry Dick was recognized with the 2016 Indiana Journalism Award for his "entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to multimedia, cross-platform business news reporting in Indiana."
The Indiana Journalism Award, first given in 1965 to Herb Silverburg, and was one of eight honors handed out at the event on the Ball State campus.
Ball State School of Journalism Awards and Recipients:
- Eugene S. Pulliam National Journalism Writing Award: Mark Johnson, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Indiana Journalism Award: Gerry Dick, Inside INdiana Business
- Indiana Scholastic Journalism Award: Jim Streisel, Carmel High School
- Outstanding Journalism Alumnus Award: Lori Rader-Day, Novel and Mystery Writer
- Young Alumnus Awards: Danny Gawlowski, The Seattle Times; Adam Maksl, Indiana University-Southeast; Jaque Smith, CNN Digital Video
- National Public Relations Achievement Award: Glen Cameron, University of Missouri School of Journalism
- Majeri Award: Joey Marburger, The Washington Post
- Hall of Fame Induction: Karen Wessel Garloch, Charlotte Observer