Several professionals will serve on the board of directors for Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana. The group's goal is to engage community members and make a positive impact to Fort Wayne and surrounding areas. July 3, 2014
Fort Wayne, Ind. — Fifteen young professionals have been appointed to the Board of Directors of Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana (YLNI). The new board will serve during YLNI's new fiscal year, which began July 1, 2014, and lasts through June 30, 2015.
YLNI is a group of young professionals that aims to engage the community and make a positive impact in Fort Wayne and the surrounding area. The mission of the 1,000-plus person network is to attract, develop and retain emerging leaders through community, professional and social engagement. The Board of Directors, which meets monthly, is the governing body of YLNI that will guide the organization to fulfill its goals.
The 2014-2015 Board of Directors consist of the following members:
• Sam Graves, President
• Stephanie Veit, Vice President
• Kim Carpenter, Secretary
• Grant Daily, Treasurer
• Justin Shurley, Executive Committee Director at Large
• Melissa Beber, Vice President of Community Impact
• John Foxworthy, Vice President of Social Programming
• Ashley Smith, Vice President of Membership
• Jake Pickett, Vice President of Communications
• Timothy Spradling, Vice President of Fund Development
• Ryan Krueckeberg, Director at Large, Living Fort Wayne
• Pone Vongphachanh, Director at Large, Community Impact
• Patrick Florea, Director at Large, Leadership Development
• Nicole Wilkins, Director at Large, Communications
• Amber Recker, Director at Large, Fund Development
The board's day-to-day activities include a variety of tasks, such as planning and approving events, securing funding, and serving as advocates for the young professional demographic.
“We have ten returning Board Members this year and we are excited about the five new Board Members joining us,” said Sam Graves, YLNI President. “We feel we are in a great position to carry out our mission, in our tenth year as an organization, with a Board comprised entirely of individuals that have served on our committee leadership positions prior to joining the Board.”
To learn more about the YLNI, the organization's board and committees, or how you can become a member of YLNI, visit ylni.org.
Source: Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana