The 33 drivers in Sunday’s 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 are blitzing the media in the top markets in the U.S. and Canada. The appearances come on the same day that Indianapolis Motor Speedway officials place the "wing and wheel" logo on the new Gate 1 entryway and plaza. Inside INdiana Business Television will focus on the landmark race in a special edition this weekend from the World’s Greatest Racecourse.
The stops include national and local television and radio appearances, including Ryan Hunter-Reay, Will Power and Marco Andretti on Fox and Friends on the Fox News network, Conor Daly playing basketball with Milwaukee Bucks point guard Michael Carter-Williams and Tony Kanaan on ESPN’s SportsCenter.
National television coverage on ABC will begin Sunday at 11 a.m. Our partners at WTHR-TV in Indianapolis report the Indianapolis television market blackout could be lifted if the race sells out.
The drivers are in:
- Bethlehem, Pa.: Jack Hawksworth
- Bristol, Conn. (ESPN): Tony Kanaan
- Buffalo: Josef Newgarden
- Charlotte, N.C.: Juan Pablo Montoya
- Chicago: Helio Castroneves
- Cincinnati: Sage Karam, Mikhail Aleshin
- Cleveland: Pippa Mann
- Columbus, Ohio: Charlie Kimball
- Dallas: Graham Rahal
- Dayton, Ohio: Stefan Wilson
- Detroit: Ed Carpenter, Simon Pagenaud, Sebastien Bourdais
- Fort Wayne, Ind.: Bryan Clauson, Buddy Lazier
- Louisville: Matt Brabham, Alexander Rossi, Max Chilton, Spencer Pigot
- Miami: Oriol Servia, Carlos Munoz, Gabby Chaves
- Milwaukee: Conor Daly
- New York: Will Power, Marco Andretti, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Townsend Bell
- Phoenix: Scott Dixon
- St. Louis: JR Hildebrand
- Toronto: Takuma Sato, Alex Tagliani