IDOE Announces Language Grant Recipients
The Indiana Department of Education has announced the grant recipients of the Indiana Dual Language Immersion Program. The DLI Program provides funding to school corporations that implement or expand dual language immersion programs in Mandarin, Spanish, French, or other IDOE-approved languages.
“When students are immersed in diverse cultures and educated in languages beyond their own, they become better prepared for the world around us,” said Dr. Jennifer McCormick, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction. “I am proud of the awarded schools for creating strong and diverse learning environments for their students.”
Three schools received grants to continue programs, while two others received the grants for the first time.
- Lawrenceburg Community School Corporation, Lawrenceburg Primary School – $49,841
- MSD of Washington Township, Willow Lake Elementary School – $50,000
- School City of Hammond, Washington Irving Elementary School – $50,000
- Rising Sun-Ohio, Ohio County Elementary School – $36,602
- Southwest Dubois, Huntingburg Elementary – $50,000
More information on the DLI program can be found here.