Indiana Governor Mike Pence says Indiana is ready to “effectively respond to Ebola in our state,” should the need arise. Pence and Indiana State Department of Health leaders discussed preparations today during a webcast with local health care providers.
October 9, 2014
Indianapolis — Governor Mike Pence today joined leadership of the Indiana State Department of Health, including incoming State Health Commissioner Dr. Jerome Adams, for a webcast with local healthcare providers on Indiana's preparedness for Ebola.
“At this time, we have no reported cases of Ebola Virus in Indiana. However, there is no doubt that the Ebola Virus has been a cause for international concern and is a growing concern here in the U.S., now more than ever,” said Pence. “In Indiana we have successfully managed emerging diseases before, most recently, the H1N1 Pandemic Flu in two-thousand nine and the first U.S. case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome earlier this year. The professionalism, dedication and medical expertise demonstrated by our public health and healthcare community during these and other outbreaks gives me confidence that we are prepared to effectively respond to Ebola in our state, should we get a case.”
Video and transcript of the Governor's remarks will be available later today.
Source: Office of Indiana Governor Mike Pence