Wisconsin-based gener8tor has announced the spring cohorts for the gBETA Bloomington-Columbus program. The startup accelerator says the seven-week program supports early stage startups and growth of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The program aims to help startups gain early customer traction on their product or idea. gener8tor says the spring cohorts were recruited from the Velocities region, which is a $2.5 million partnership between The Mill, Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce, and Elevate Ventures to provide capital and resources for entrepreneurs and startups.
“We want to congratulate the five companies selected for gBETA’s third cohort in Velocities,” said Pat East, executive director of The Mill. “Gaining access to the additional support and resources provided by gBETA is an amazing opportunity for these startups and in turn our community. Our goal when bringing gBETA here was to provide critical support for companies just like these to grow and flourish in South Central Indiana.”
The startups participating in the spring cohorts include:
- Aeroflux – Founder: David Bosley. Aeroflux’s engine replacement prototype fits into hybrid-electric vehicles, eliminating the need to source precious metals.
- Halophore – Co-Founder and CEO: Christopher Benson. Halophore equips dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons with a device that combines multiple medical lasers, as opposed to purchasing multiple individual lasers to meet all uses.
- The Hive – Co-Founder: Amanda Cox. The Hive provides coworking space and educational resources.
- Perpetua – Co-Founder and CEO: Eric Silver. Perpetua uses calcium ion energy to offer cheaper, long lasting, and environmentally-friendly packaging alternatives to lithium battery technology.
- Traduality – Founder and CEO: Diego Achio. Traduality connects companies with verified translators. Traduality’s marketplace offers access to more than 20 translation-related services.
The gBETA Bloomington-Columbus Spring 2022 Showcase will be held on June 27. The showcase, which will highlight each of the companies, will be open to the public.