The City of Fishers announced today the newly appointed members of the first Fishers Arts & Culture Commission. The seven new board members have been appointed by the Mayor to serve two-year terms, beginning in January.
According to the city, the Commission will be overseen by the Department of Planning & Zoning and will “seek to engage and promote all forms of performing and visual art in Fishers in support of community and economic development efforts.”
One of Commission’s priorities will be updating Fishers’ Community Art Master Plan, which hopes to establish a long-term policy for facilitating community artwork and was developed in 2013.
The Commission members are:
- Cecilia Coble – City of Fishers Councilwoman
- David Decker – Owner of ACo and Co-Founder of Hub & Spoke
- Jeremiah Follis – Teacher at Hamilton Southeastern High School, Founder of Olio Productions, and Sculptor
- Kathryn Haigh – Chief Operating Officer at Newfields
- Chris Lingner – Founding Company Member of the Indianapolis Ballet
- Marisol Sanchez – Vice President, General Counsel at Endress+Hauser, Inc. USA
- Jocelyn Vare – Owner of Propeller Marketing
You can read more about the commission by clicking here.