DePauw University has formed a committee to search for the school’s 20th president. The 18-member committee plans to begin interviewing candidates in early 2016. School officials say they hope to announce the new president in the early spring. Current president Brian Casey will leave DePauw in July 2016 to become president of Colgate University.
"We have an important and exciting task ahead of us. DePauw is well positioned as it begins the search for its next leader and the committee members and search partner are now in place to begin that process," Search Committee Chair Kathy Vrabeck said.
Vrabeck says national executive search firm Isaacson, Miller will help with the search.
The search committee includes:
- Kathy Vrabeck ’85, Search Committee Chair & DePauw Trustee
- Marshall Reavis ’84, Chair of DePauw’s Board of Trustees
- Susan Ansel ’82
- Justin Christian ’95
- Newt Crenshaw ’85
- R. David Hoover ’67
- Kyle Lanham ’79
- Doug Smith ’85
- Tim Ubben ’58
- Sarah Reese Wallace ’76
- Howard Brooks, Professor of Physics and Astronomy
- Jeff Kenney, Professor of Religious Studies
- Caroline Smith, Professor of Music
- Karin Wimbley, Assistant Professor of English
- Cindy Babington, Vice President of Admission and Financial Aid
- Brad Kelsheimer, Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Craig Carter ’16, Student Body President
- Perrin Duncan ’17, Vice President of Academic Affairs – Student Government