The South Bend Regional Chamber has recognized leaders throughout the business community during its annual Salute to Business event. Honors include Small Business of The Year, Outstanding Young Business Leader of the Year and the Economic Impact Award. Officials say nearly 900 attendees were on hand Thursday at the Century Center downtown.
Destinations International Chief Executive Officer Don Welsh, who previously served as head of Choose Chicago, the Indianapolis Convention & Visitors Association and the Seattle Convention & Visitors Bureau, was keynote speaker.
This years winners are:
- Athena Award – Katie Anthony, co-founder of Anthony Travel
- Small Business of the Year – North Woods Village Memory Care
- Outstanding Young Business Leader of the Year – Ryan Kring, vice president of business development for Ancon Construction
- Economic Impact Award – University of Notre Dame
- W. Scott Miller Distinguished Business Leader – Carl Bossung, former executive with Crowe Chizek and Co. and co-founder of Senior1Care
Read more about the award winners: