While many businesses across the Hoosier State are anxious to reopen following a month-long shutdown, a group of 39 business and business associations has thrown its support behind Governor Eric Holcomb’s plan to restart the state.
The group, representing a variety of Indiana companies and industries, released on Tuesday a joint statement that says the governor’s approach ensures the “personal and economic health of Hoosiers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The sectors endorsing the statement range from agriculture to real estate, as well as banking, healthcare, and manufacturing.
Read the full statement below:
“We, the community of leaders from businesses and business associations across the state of Indiana, stand united as Indiana battles the twin threats posed by the pandemic emergency. The health of our fellow Hoosiers, and the health of Indiana’s economy, stand as inseparable challenges we must face together. These twin challenges are linked, as returning Indiana’s economy to normalcy ultimately requires vanquishing the COVID-19 threat.
We recognize that our individual interests, while important, are secondary to the collective interests of the state and our fellow Hoosiers. All of us must play a role.
We further recognize that only state government is positioned to lead this battle, and we pledge our support to Governor Holcomb and his team. At a time of great uncertainty, Governor Holcomb continues to move Indiana forward as a steady, compassionate, and determined leader. Importantly, the Governor is drawing upon data, science, and subject matter experts. He has consulted business leaders across multiple sectors of Indiana’s economy to inform him in the difficult balance involving public health and economic health.
Today, and likely for weeks and months ahead, we will find ourselves working through issues, charting and changing courses, and shaping and re-shaping plans under circumstances none of us could have imagined. Governor Holcomb is meeting this challenge. It is essential that we all do the same. We come from many parts of the state and hold differing points of view on many topics. But in this effort, we stand and move forward together, resolved to do our very best, and sharing the conviction that our best days are yet to come.”
The contributors to the statement include:
- Aaron Schacht, Interim President and CEO AgriNovus Indiana
- Gail Boudreaux, President & CEO Anthem
- Jason Kloth, President and CEO Ascend Indiana
- Amber Van Til, President & CEO Indiana Bankers Association
- Leslie Craig Henderzahs, President Indiana State Bar Association
- Scott Beck, President Beck’s Hybrids
- Patty Martin, President and CEO BioCrossroads
- Rick Wajda, Chief Executive Officer Indiana Builders Association
- David Johnson, President and CEO Central Indiana Corporate Partnership
- Kevin Brinegar, President and CEO Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Huber, President & CEO Indy Chamber
- Mark Howell, President and CEO Conexus Indiana
- Mark DeFabis, Chair Conexus Indiana Logistics Council
- Steve Ferguson, Chairman Cook Group
- Tom Linebarger, Chairman & CEO Cummins
- Stan Pinegar, State President, Indiana Duke Energy
- Lee Lewellen, Chief Executive Officer Indiana Economic Development Association
- Jeff Simmons, President and CEO Elanco Animal Health
- David Ricks, Chairman and CEO Eli Lilly
- Jeff Smulyan, CEO and Chairman Emmis Communications
- Paul Mitchell, President and CEO Energy Systems Network
- Randall C. Kron, President Indiana Farm Bureau
- Bruce King, CEO Helmer Scientific
- Brian Tabor, President Indiana Hospital Association
- Marty Wood, President Insurance Institute of Indiana
- Aman Brar, CEO Jobvite
- James Risk III, President and CEO Kirby Risk Corporation
- Brian Burton, President & CEO Indiana Manufacturers Association
- Julie D. Reed, Executive Vice President Indiana State Medical Association
- Jim Ryan, Chairman & CEO Old National Bank
- Scott Davison, Chairman, President and CEO OneAmerica
- Rick Fuson, President and CEO Pacers Sports and Entertainment
- Mark Miles, President and CEO Penske Entertainment Corporation
- Connie Bond Stuart, Regional President of Central and Southern Indiana PNC Bank
- Karl Berron, CEO Indiana Association of REALTORS
- Syam Nair, Executive Vice President, Technology Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Jennifer Hallowell, Executive Director Indiana Technology & Innovation Association
- Mike Langellier, President and CEO TechPoint
- John Thompson, CEO Thompson Distribution