Steel Dynamics Closes Majority Acquisition of Texas Company

Posted: Updated:
The purchase price includes $93 million in cash and the assumption of $41 million in debt. The purchase price includes $93 million in cash and the assumption of $41 million in debt.
FORT WAYNE -

Fort Wayne-based Steel Dynamics Inc. (NASDAQ: STLD) has completed a $134 million majority acquisition deal of United Steel Supply. The deal involves 75 percent of the Texas company, with an option for Steel Dynamics to purchase the remaining 25 percent in the future.

The purchase price includes $93 million in cash and the assumption of $41 million in debt. The Allen County company announced the majority acquisition last month.

United Steel Supply distributes painted and coated flat roll steel coils for the roofing and siding industry. Steel Dynamics Chief Executive Officer Mark Millett says the acquisition gives the company "an exciting opportunity to expand our painted Galvalume distribution network." United Steel Supply has reported a 26 percent compounded annual revenue growth rate since its founding in 2007.

  • Perspectives

    • Market Caps: What's in Your Portfolio?

      Investors understand the importance of having a proper balance of large-, mid-, and small-cap companies in their stock portfolios. Unfortunately, there are no strict rules followed by index funds when categorizing by company size. When you "check under the hood" of your portfolio, you may discover you’re taking more (or less) risk than you intended! What Is Market Cap? Market capitalization, or market cap, is a term used to represent the size of a company.

    More

Subscribe

Name:
Company Name:
Email:
Confirm Email:
HTML
INside Edge
Morning Briefing
BigWigs & New Gigs
Life Sciences Indiana
Indiana Connections
INPower
Subscribe
Unsubscribe

Events



  • Most Popular Stories

    • Fishers Among Finalists For National Prize

      The city of Fishers is one of 12 finalists for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Culture of Health Prize. The award honors "communities that are bringing partners together around a shared commitment to health, opportunity, and equity."

    • (Image of planed West Lake Corridor Expansion of the South Shore commuter rail line provided by the Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority.)

      South Shore Extension Moves Closer to Federal Funding

      The South Shore Line West Lake Corridor is a step closer to up to $440 million in federal funding, thanks to a positive project rating from the Federal Transit Administration. The "medium-high" rating means the project, which involves the extension of the South Shore Line between Dyer and Hammond, is eligible for funding to cover a large portion of the more than $700 million project. The rating came from the FTA's Fiscal Year 2020 Annual Report on Funding Recommendations...

    • (photo courtesy of our partners at The Times of Northwest Indiana)

      Indiana Leads U.S. Steel Production

      Indiana once again led the nation in steel production in 2018. Jake Murphy with the American Iron and Steel Institute tells our partners at The Times of Northwest Indiana steel mills throughout the state made 26.7 million net tons of steel last year, up from 24.1 million in 2017. 

    • Hanna believes crews could begin "turning dirt" in 2020.

      Hanna: South Shore Project Hits 'Major, Major Milestone'

      The president of the Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority says the South Shore Line West Lake Corridor project will create a crucial "Hoosier gateway in Chicago." The more than $700 million project has received a positive project rating from the Federal Transit Administration, putting it a step closer to up to $440 million in federal funding. Bill Hanna says the rail extension will help Hoosier workers connect to jobs in Chicago that often pay more...

    • More Families Earn Hoosier Homestead Awards

      More than 50 families from throughout the state have been recognized for operating longstanding farms. Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch and State Department of Agriculture Director Bruce Kettler have presented the latest Hoosier Homestead Awards, recognizing farms owned by the same family for more than 100 consecutive years.