Holcomb Adds to Boards, CommissionsPosted: Updated:
Governor Eric Holcomb recently announced appointments and reappointments to various state boards and commissions. The moves include a new appointment to the Indiana State Board of Education.
Board of Tax Review
• Jonathan Elrod (Indianapolis) will continue his service on the board. His new term will expire Dec. 31, 2022.
Election Division, Indiana Secretary of State’s Office
• J. Bradley King (Indianapolis) will continue his service as co-director of the Election Division. His new term will expire Dec. 31, 2022.
• Angela Nussmeyer (Indianapolis) will continue her service as co-director of the Election Division. Her new term will expire Dec. 31, 2022.
Indiana State Board of Education
• Gregory Gastineau (Fishers), teacher and coach at Hamilton Southeastern High School, will join the board. His term will expire June 30, 2021.
Indiana War Memorials Commission
• Col. Felicia Brokaw (Indianapolis), commander of Camp Atterbury-Muscatatuck, will continue her service on the commission. Her new term will expire Dec. 31, 2021.
Seven Steps to Overcome Your Fear of Writing
Most Popular Stories
Indiana Liquor Group to Buy Save-On Liquor Chain
Books & Brews Acquires Flat12 Bierwerks
Indianapolis-based Books & Brews has announced its acquisition of Flat12 Bierwerks, also based in Indy. Financial terms of the deal are not being disclosed, however Books & Brews says it will continue to operate Flat12 under the same brand name. The acquisition is a continuation of an existing partnership between the two entities. Books & Brews says Flat12 has been a brewery partner for the past two years, brewing all of B&B's flagship and seasonal beers.
New Tourism Director Has Plans For Growth
The new director of the Indiana Office of Tourism Development says she hopes to create a strategic plan to continue the growth of tourism in the state. Misty Weisensteiner began her new role earlier this month after being appointed by Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch in December. The former executive director of the Orange County Economic Development Partnership says tourism and economic development go hand-in-hand and there needs to be a greater focus on that relationship.
Loeb Stadium Project in Final Design Phase
The $17 million overhaul of Loeb Stadium in Lafayette is in its final planning stages. The Journal & Courier says the overall design of the project is complete, which includes flipping the field, an additional suite and a new entrance designed to be a more visible landmark. Lafayette Mayor Tony Roswarski unveiled plans for the reimagining of the more than 75-year-old stadium in 2017. The city council earlier this month approved a $17 million bond to fund the project.
BMWC Constructors Announce Leadership Changes
Indianapolis-based BMWC Constructors, Inc. continues their strategic growth with leadership changes. Chairman of the Board Jim Davis retired after eight years in the role and after 30 years with the company. President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Acton will move into the role of Chairman of the Board, while remaining CEO.