Inside INdiana Business Writer/Reporter
POSITION RESULTS DESCRIPTION (PRD)
Job Title: Writer/Reporter
Date of this Description: 10/29/18
Job Summary: Contribute daily content to Grow INdiana Media Ventures’ electronic newsletters - the INside Edge - and the website – www.insideindianabusiness.com. Write and edit daily content and maintain website with up-to-date business news and information. Also contribute to other Grow INdiana business news products, including radio.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- A minimum of five years of professional broadcast/media experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Key Result Areas of the job:
- Gather, write, edit, research news for daily INside Edge e-newsletters with a focus on clarity, accuracy and consistency.
- Conduct telephone interviews to be included in the INside Edge.
- Oversee HTML templates for INside Edge and other newsletters, including saving copies, addressing coding issues and working with Salesforce representatives to ensure quality and consistency.
- Aid Assistant Managing Editor and other content staff in developing and executing story ideas for INside Edge and additional IIB properties.
- Research and post daily news stories in a timely manner on www.insideindianabusiness.com.
- Post audio and assist with posting of video on www.insideindianabusiness.com.
- Help monitor website for accuracy, clarity, consistency, punctuation and grammar.
- Develop relationships with IT vendors to ensure consistency and efficiency on www.insideindianabusiness.com
- Help identify and gather audio for stories.
- Contribute voice reports as assigned.
- Support a consistent strategy on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks identified by GIMV staff.
Interested candidates should send their resume and relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
* GROW INDIANA MEDIA VENTURES, LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AS APPROPRIATE IN ITS BUSINESS JUDGMENT. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES ASSIGNED TO THEM BY MANAGEMENT. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” *