Fort Wayne Riverfront Contract Pulled

Posted: Updated:
(Rendering of phase two of the Riverfront Fort Wayne project provided by the city of Fort Wayne.) (Rendering of phase two of the Riverfront Fort Wayne project provided by the city of Fort Wayne.)
FORT WAYNE -

A proposed $2.5 million contract for the design work for the next two phases of the Riverfront Fort Wayne project has been pulled. Our partners at WPTA-TV report the Fort Wayne City Council withdrew the contract, which was set to go to Philadelphia-based DAVID RUBIN Land Collective.

The city announced the contract earlier this weekThe Journal Gazette in Fort Wayne reports one council member, Republican John Crawfords, raised questions over the selection of the contractor, saying contracts of this sort must be awarded through a competitive bid process. 

"We are withdrawing the contract from introduction ... to answer some questions from one City Council member regarding the selection process,” city spokesperson John Perlich told the publication. "We plan to address the questions quickly so that the project timetable will not be altered, but it's too early to speculate."

Perlich says a time frame for the contract returning to the council for consideration is not known. You can read more about the decision from The Journal Gazette by clicking here.

  • Perspectives

    • Want A Guaranteed Negative Return?

      Here we go again! On Wednesday, August 14th, we watched the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) drop over 800 points.  The previous Monday the Dow ended down over 700 points. But what you may have missed is the sharp downward move in interest rates that has intensified with the recent stock market volatility. What does this mean for your portfolio?

    More

Subscribe

Name:
Company Name:
Email:
Confirm Email:
HTML
INside Edge
Morning Briefing
BigWigs & New Gigs
Life Sciences Indiana
Indiana Connections
INPower
Subscribe
Unsubscribe

Events



  • Most Popular Stories

    • (courtesy: Frank Logan/Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc.)

      Historic Military Convoy to Cross Indiana

      A sentinel moment of U.S. history is playing out Sunday in South Bend when the recreation of the U.S. Army Transcontinental Military Convoy rolls into town. Approximately 70 historic military vehicles are retracing the original 1919 cross country trip which traveled along the famed Lincoln Highway.

    • West Lafayette Center Breaks Ground

      West Lafayette city officials this week broke ground on the $31.5 million West Lafayette Wellness and Aquatic Center at Cumberland Park. Plans for the 72,000-square-foot project feature a natatorium, three gymnasiums, exercise machines, free weights and community rooms. 

    • Forbes Ranks Top Colleges; 3 Indiana Schools Make the Cut

      Forbes released its 12th annual ranking of America’s Top Colleges based on direct benefits a university or college provides its students. Several Indiana universities made the list in some “sub-categories”, like Grateful Graduates Index, but the University of Notre Dame was the only school in the state to break the top 20 overall rankings.

    • Caito Foods was founded in 1965.

      Caito Foods to Cut Jobs

      Michigan-based SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) has decided to discontinue the Indianapolis-based Caito Fresh Kitchen operations. The grocery retailer-distributor acquired Caito Foods Service in January 2017 for $217 million. The company broke ground on its $32 million fresh kitchen process facility in 2015. 

    • Photo courtesy of W.A. Jones

      Foundation Investment Partners Acquires W.A. Jones

      Cleveland-based private equity firm Foundation Investment Partners has acquired Whitley County-based truck parts distributor W.A. Jones. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.