Holcomb Makes Trustee AppointmentsPosted: Updated:
Governor Eric Holcomb has announced new appointments and reappointments to the boards of trustees for two Hoosier institutions. They include the boards for Ivy Tech Community College and the University of Southern Indiana.
The appointments include:
Ivy Tech State Board of Trustees
• Stewart McMillan (Valparaiso) will continue to serve on the board, with a term expiring June 30, 2021.
• Kim Emmert O’Dell (Brazil) will join the board, with a term expiring June 30, 2021.
• Stephanie Wade (Anderson) will join the board, with a term expiring June 30, 2021.
University of Southern Indiana Board of Trustees
• W. Harold Calloway (Evansville) will continue to serve on the board, with a term expiring June 30, 2021.
• John M. Dunn (Evansville) will continue to serve on the board, with a term expiring June 30, 2021.
• Christine Keck (Evansville) will join the board, with a term expiring June 30, 2021. By accepting this role, she has resigned her position on the Ports of Indiana Commission.
How to Find a New Audience After Hitting a Marketing Plateau
Most Popular Stories
Pier 48 Manager Named
Crews Start Demolition of Carson's in Hammond
The face of downtown retail in Hammond is changing once again with the demolition of Carson’s department store, the one-time the anchor of Woodmar Mall. Our partners at The Times of Northwest Indiana report excavating crews have started to demolish the last vestige of the shopping center which stood since the 1950s.
U.S. Steel Cuts Jobs, Low Price Imports Partially to Blame
Pittsburgh-based U.S. Steel has announced it will idle its tin mill operations in East Chicago, affecting nearly 300 workers, half of which will lose their jobs. Our partners at The Times of Northwest Indiana report U.S. Steel blames the layoffs on the Del Monte food company which announced its own mass layoffs.
Gas City Startup Helping Hemp Farmers
Last month, it became legal for Hoosier farmers to grow hemp and a Gas City-based startup is being aggressive in being among the first to take advantage of market opportunities. Heartland Harvest Processing is helping farmers connect the new agricultural commodity to consumer products, including CBD. Founder and Chief Marketing Officer Chris Moorman says the first hemp harvest under the new law is expected to begin next month. In an interview with Business of Health...
City of Bloomington Promotes Schaich
The city of Bloomington has promoted Lucy Schaich to volunteer network coordinator, a program of the Community and Family Resources Department. She served as assistant coordinator from 2000 until 2018, when she became the volunteer network’s interim director. Schaich is a graduate of Indiana University.