Pacers Sports & Entertainment Selects All-Star Game CommitteePosted: Updated:
The board of directors for the 2021 NBA All-Star Game local organizing committee in Indianapolis has been announced. Pacers Sports & Entertainment detailed the selections, which include Governor Eric Holcomb, retired Indiana Fever star Tamika Catchings and Indiana Pacers and Fever owners Herb and Steve Simon.
In addition to Holcomb and the Simons, the group of honorary co-chairs includes PS&E Vice Chairman Jim Morris and Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett. PS&E President Rick Fuson, who is founding chairman of the LOC board, says "the 2021 NBA All-Star board members personify leadership, influence, vision and a strong commitment to our community and the state of Indiana. I'm confident they will help us achieve our vision of hosting the best-ever NBA All-Star weekend by exceeding expectations of the NBA, players, media and guests and leveraging everything that makes Indiana and Indianapolis a great place to live, work and play."
The NBA All-Star Game was last hosting in Indianapolis in 1985. It's the third time the event was hosting in Indiana -- Fort Wayne was site of the third-ever event in 1953.
The LOC Board of Directors Executive Committee includes:
• PS&E Senior Vice President of Facilities and LOC Board President Mel Raines
• PS&E Chief Financial Officer and LOC Secretary/Treasurer Kevin Bower
• Indianapolis-based Ambrose Property Group President and LOC Board Co-Chair Aasif Bade
• PS&E Director of Player Programs and Franchise Development and LOC Board Co-Chair Tamika Catchings
• Attorney and LOC Board Co-Chair Rafael Sanchez
• Philanthropist and LOC Board Co-Chair Cynthia Simon-Skjodt
The remaining directors include:
• Issac Bamgbose, Vice President of Development, Hendricks Commercial Properties
• Tanya Bell, President and Chief Executive Officer, Indiana Black Expo Inc.
• Tiffany Benjamin, President, Lilly Foundation; Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Health Programs, Lilly
• Gail Boudreaux, President and Chief Executive Officer, Anthem Inc.
• Quinn Buckner, Vice President of Communications, Pacers Sports & Entertainment
• Stephanie Chen Fuhrmann, Chief Administration Officer, Telamon Corp.
• Justin Christian, President and Chief Executive Officer, BCforward
• Pat Early, President, Somerset CPAs and Advisors
• Lewis Ferebee, Superintendent, Indianapolis Public Schools
• Cathy Foley, Leadership and Organizational Development Consultant
• Juan Gonzalez, President, KeyBank Central Indiana, KeyBank
• Frank Hancock, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sport Graphics Inc.
• Melina Kennedy, President of Capital Improvement Board and Executive Director, Pick Up Truck Business of Cummins Inc.
• Ryan Kitchell, Executive Vice President, IU Health
• Kelly Krauskopf, President of the Indiana Fever and Senior Vice President of Pacers Gaming, Pacers Sports & Entertainment
• Tom Linebarger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Cummins Inc.
• Tony Mason, President and Chief Executive Officer, Indianapolis Urban League
• Pam Matthews, President, Kroger Co. Central Division, The Kroger Co.
• Carolene Mays, Executive Director, White River State Park Development Commission
• Kristin Mays-Corbitt, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mays Chemical Co.
• Mike McDaniel, Executive Director of Government Affairs, Krieg DeVault
• Allison Melangton, Senior Vice President, Hulman Motorsports
• Jonathan Nalli, Chief Executive Officer, St. Vincent
• Brian Payne, President and Chief Executive Officer, Central Indiana Community Foundation
• Kevin Pritchard, President of Basketball Operations, Pacers Sports & Entertainment
• Melissa Proffitt, Office Managing Partner, Ice Miller LLP
• Mario Rodriguez, Executive Director, Indianapolis Airport Authority
• Joyce Rogers, Vice President for Development and External Relations for Diversity Equity & Multicultural Affairs, Indiana University Foundation
• JoAn Scott, Managing Director, Men’s Basketball Championships, NCAA
• Bill Shrewsberry, President, Shrewsberry & Associates, LLC
• Shari Simon, Senior Vice President of Development Marketing and Corporate Events, Simon Property Group
• Jeff Smulyan, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Emmis Communications
• Bob Stutz, CEO Marketing Cloud & Chief Analytics Officer, Salesforce
• John Thompson, President, First Electric Supply
• Dan Towriss, President and Chief Executive Officer, Guggenheim Life and Annuity Co.
The Art of The Apology
You screwed up. You handled something the wrong way, or you failed to handle it when you should have. Now what are you going to do? If you're a big company, you're probably going to screw up some more. Oh, you’ll attempt some kind of public apology, but it will be so halfhearted or passive-aggressive that you'll get called on it, and you’ll find yourself taking a second whack at the apology tree. That's the conclusion I’ve drawn as I've...
Most Popular Stories
$600M Waste-to-Fuel Plant Coming to Gary
A California-based renewable jet fuel and diesel producer has announced plans for a massive investment in northwest Indiana. Fulcrum BioEnergy Inc. says it will invest $600 million to build the Centerpoint BioFuels Plant in Gary, which will convert municipal solid waste into renewable transportation fuel. The project is expected to create up to 163 jobs by the end of 2022. The Indiana Economic Development Corp. says Centerpoint will be located at an industrial site that will be...
National Guard Academy Targets At-Risk Youth
Indiana's adjutant general says the Hoosier Youth Challenge Academy in Knightstown continues to make a difference by offering at-risk teenagers a second chance. The academy, which was established in 2007, will Saturday celebrate another graduating class. The program uses quasi-military training, structure and discipline for students between the ages of 16 and 18 who have dropped out of school or are severely deficient in credits. In an interview on Inside INdiana Business...
Scotty's Brewhouse Files For Bankruptcy
Indianapolis-based Scotty's Brewhouse has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The company says the decision was "driven largely by the challenges of some specific locations and was necessary because of the way the company was structured corporately." As a result of the deal, Scotty's will close four of its restaurants by the end of the year. In a news release provided to Inside INdiana Business...
Committee to Steer Future of Bloomington Hospital Site
A newly-formed group tasked with providing the next steps for the Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital property will hold its first meeting Monday. The Hospital Re-Use Steering Committee will begin the effort to re-envision the property, which will be acquired by the city upon completion of the new Indiana University Health Regional Academic Health Center.
Preferred Route For I-69 Bridge Unveiled
The team overseeing the I-69 Ohio River Crossing project has unveiled a preferred route for the extension of the interstate connecting Evansville and Henderson, Kentucky. The group has also released the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the effort, which identifies preferred alternatives for the route with different tolling options. The project team, which includes the Indiana Department of Transportation and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, is recommending the...