Holcomb Makes Board AppointmentsPosted: Updated:
Governor Eric Holcomb has made another round of appointments and reappointments. It includes the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, Indiana State Board of Education and the State Lottery Commission, along with Purdue University trustees.
The appointments include:
Indiana Commission for Higher Education
• Coleen Gabhart (West Lafayette) will join the commission as its student member, with a term expiring June 30, 2020.
• Christopher LaMothe (Indianapolis) will continue to serve on the commission, with a term ending June 30, 2022.
• Dr. Beverley Pitts (Fishers) will continue to serve on the commission, with a term expiring June 30, 2022.
• Christopher Murphy, III (South Bend) will continue to serve on the commission, with a term expiring June 30, 2022.
Purdue University Board of Trustees
• Michael R. Berghoff (Indianapolis) will continue to serve on the board, with a term ending July 1, 2021.
• JoAnn Brouillette (West Lafayette) will continue to serve on the board, with a term expiring July 1, 2021.
• Vanessa J. Castagna (Dallas, Texas) will continue to serve on the board, with a term expiring July 1, 2021.
Indiana State Board of Education
• Dr. David Freitas (Granger) will continue to serve on the board through June 30, 2022.
• B.J. Watts (Evansville) will continue to serve on the board through June 30, 2022.
Indiana Charter School Board
• Dr. Virginia B. Calvin (Granger) will continue her duties for the board through June 30, 2022.
Indiana Criminal Justice Institute Board of Trustees
• The Honorable Andrea K. McCord (Mitchell) will continue her service to the board through June 30, 2022.
Indiana Department of Financial Institutions Board of Directors
• Mark A. Schroeder (Jasper) will continue his service to the board with a term expiring June 30, 2022.
Indiana Parole Board
• Frederick A. Medley (Indianapolis) will continue his service on the board with a term concluding June 30, 2022.
State Lottery Commission
• Norman H. Gurwitz (Indianapolis) will join the board. His term expires June 30, 2022.
• The governor named AmyMarie Travis as his appointment to the Jackson County Superior Court #1.
• The governor named Michael J. Drenth as his appointment to the Porter County Superior Court #3.
• The governor named Jill D. Wesch as his appointment to the Vermillion County Circuit Court.
The Art of The Apology
You screwed up. You handled something the wrong way, or you failed to handle it when you should have. Now what are you going to do? If you're a big company, you're probably going to screw up some more. Oh, you’ll attempt some kind of public apology, but it will be so halfhearted or passive-aggressive that you'll get called on it, and you’ll find yourself taking a second whack at the apology tree. That's the conclusion I’ve drawn as I've...
Most Popular Stories
$600M Waste-to-Fuel Plant Coming to Gary
A California-based renewable jet fuel and diesel producer has announced plans for a massive investment in northwest Indiana. Fulcrum BioEnergy Inc. says it will invest $600 million to build the Centerpoint BioFuels Plant in Gary, which will convert municipal solid waste into renewable transportation fuel. The project is expected to create up to 163 jobs by the end of 2022. The Indiana Economic Development Corp. says Centerpoint will be located at an industrial site that will be...
National Guard Academy Targets At-Risk Youth
Indiana's adjutant general says the Hoosier Youth Challenge Academy in Knightstown continues to make a difference by offering at-risk teenagers a second chance. The academy, which was established in 2007, will Saturday celebrate another graduating class. The program uses quasi-military training, structure and discipline for students between the ages of 16 and 18 who have dropped out of school or are severely deficient in credits. In an interview on Inside INdiana Business...
Scotty's Brewhouse Files For Bankruptcy
Indianapolis-based Scotty's Brewhouse has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The company says the decision was "driven largely by the challenges of some specific locations and was necessary because of the way the company was structured corporately." As a result of the deal, Scotty's will close four of its restaurants by the end of the year. In a news release provided to Inside INdiana Business...
Committee to Steer Future of Bloomington Hospital Site
A newly-formed group tasked with providing the next steps for the Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital property will hold its first meeting Monday. The Hospital Re-Use Steering Committee will begin the effort to re-envision the property, which will be acquired by the city upon completion of the new Indiana University Health Regional Academic Health Center.
Preferred Route For I-69 Bridge Unveiled
The team overseeing the I-69 Ohio River Crossing project has unveiled a preferred route for the extension of the interstate connecting Evansville and Henderson, Kentucky. The group has also released the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the effort, which identifies preferred alternatives for the route with different tolling options. The project team, which includes the Indiana Department of Transportation and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, is recommending the...