Governor Holcomb Makes Commission AppointmentsPosted: Updated:
Governor Eric Holcomb has announced several appointments and reappointments to various state commissions and boards. They include the Commission for Higher Education, Graduate Medical Education Board and State Board of Accountancy.
The appointments include:
Indiana Commission for Higher Education
• Mike Alley (Carmel), chairman and owner of Patriot Investments, LLC and former commissioner of the Indiana Department of Revenue. His term expires June 30, 2019
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Holiday Commission
• Karen Ragland (Evansville), retired educator. Her term expires March 20, 2019
The governor also appointed current member Jena Bellezza, vice president of strategic partnerships and branding with the Indiana Parenting Institute, to serve as chair of the commission.
Graduate Medical Education Board
• Dr. Paul R. Haut (Carmel), COO of Riley Hospital for Children, will continue his service on the board. His term expires December 31, 2019.
• Dr. Tricia L. Hern (Zionsville), vice president of academic affairs for Community Health Network. Her term expires December 31, 2019.
• Timothy Putnam (Batesville), president and CEO of Margaret Mary Health. His term expires December 31, 2019.
• Dr. Jeffrey Rothenberg (Indianapolis), chief medical officer at St. Vincent Hospital. His term expires December 31, 2019.
• Beth Wrobel (Valparaiso), CEO of HealthLinc, will continue her service on the board. Her term expires December 31, 2019
• Dr. Rachel A. Shockley (Indianapolis), program director for Community Health Network Family Medicine Residency South, will join the board. Her term expires December 31, 2019.
Indiana Board of Accountancy
• Michelle D. Skeen (Pendleton), CPA with Estep-Doctor & Company, PC. Her term expires June 30, 2021.
• Dale L. Gettelfinger (Floyds Knobs), CPA and former president/CEO of Monroe Shine & Co., Inc. His term expires June 30, 2021.
Indiana Civil Rights Commission
• Holli Harrington (Indianapolis), director of supplier diversity at the Indianapolis International Airport. Her term expires March 31, 2019.
Indiana Natural Resources Foundation Board
• Matthew J. Kiley (Granger), broker/agent with Holland Insurance Group LLC. His term expires June 30, 2022.
Invasive Species Council
• Rick Haggard (Carmel), executive director of the Indiana Nursery & Landscape Association. His term expires February 28, 2021.
• Kristopher Krouse (Valparaiso), executive director of the Shirley Heinze Land Trust. His term expires February 28, 2021.
• Linda Broadfoot (Indianapolis), director of Indy Parks. Her term expires February 28, 2021.
State Egg Board
• Thomas N. Lafferty (Noblesville), director of sales for Blackford County Foods. His term expires June 15, 2019.
State Ethics Commission
• Sue Anne Gilroy (Indianapolis), former Indiana Secretary of State and current vice president of development and executive director of the St. Vincent Foundation. Her term expires February 28, 2020.
What Makes Up Quality of Place?
Economic development is a hot topic these days. With the economy continuing to chug along in robust fashion and unemployment approaching historic lows, communities are refining their objectives and priorities to eek every drop of benefit they can from these financially strong times. Nowhere is this focus greater than with “quality of place,” As cities and states think about how they can distinguish themselves from their peers, a common starting point is developing a...
Most Popular Stories
Computer Science, Gaming Collide With 'Hour of Code'
Elementary school students in the Metropolitan School District of Decatur Township in Indianapolis are getting an early lesson in coding through the international Hour of Code program. The initiative is designed to give people an introduction to computer science and coding, and Lynn Hodgkin, elementary media coordinator for the district, says it takes a game-centered approach to teaching coding to kids. The students are participating in the Hour of Code at the...
The Heritage Group Founder to be Remembered
Services are set for noted businessman and philanthropist Fred Fehsenfeld, founder of Indianapolis-based The Heritage Group, who passed away last week at the age of 94. Fehsenfeld, a graduate of Purdue University and decorated World War II veteran, will be remembered Saturday during a Celebration of Life, at The Center on the northwest side of Indianapolis.
St. Vincent Names Manas Regional President
Julie Manas has been selected to serve as regional president of the St. Vincent North Region, which includes St. Vincent Anderson, Carmel, Fishers, Kokomo, Mercy, Randolph and Williamsport hospitals. She has more than 30 years of healthcare experience and most recently comes from Hospital Sisters Health System, Western Wisconsin Division, where she held the role of president and chief executive officer.
Find out when and where you can watch and listen to our reports.
The Amazon Effect: How Big is The Economic Impact?
Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, increased his net worth by $6.44 billion dollars just by saying a few words. He announced the company's earnings on October 26, 2017, and Amazon stock jumped 8 percent. How are you impacted by the Amazon Effect?