Governor Holcomb Makes Commission AppointmentsPosted: Updated:
Governor Eric Holcomb has announced several appointments and reappointments to various state commissions and boards. They include the Commission for Higher Education, Graduate Medical Education Board and State Board of Accountancy.
The appointments include:
Indiana Commission for Higher Education
• Mike Alley (Carmel), chairman and owner of Patriot Investments, LLC and former commissioner of the Indiana Department of Revenue. His term expires June 30, 2019
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Holiday Commission
• Karen Ragland (Evansville), retired educator. Her term expires March 20, 2019
The governor also appointed current member Jena Bellezza, vice president of strategic partnerships and branding with the Indiana Parenting Institute, to serve as chair of the commission.
Graduate Medical Education Board
• Dr. Paul R. Haut (Carmel), COO of Riley Hospital for Children, will continue his service on the board. His term expires December 31, 2019.
• Dr. Tricia L. Hern (Zionsville), vice president of academic affairs for Community Health Network. Her term expires December 31, 2019.
• Timothy Putnam (Batesville), president and CEO of Margaret Mary Health. His term expires December 31, 2019.
• Dr. Jeffrey Rothenberg (Indianapolis), chief medical officer at St. Vincent Hospital. His term expires December 31, 2019.
• Beth Wrobel (Valparaiso), CEO of HealthLinc, will continue her service on the board. Her term expires December 31, 2019
• Dr. Rachel A. Shockley (Indianapolis), program director for Community Health Network Family Medicine Residency South, will join the board. Her term expires December 31, 2019.
Indiana Board of Accountancy
• Michelle D. Skeen (Pendleton), CPA with Estep-Doctor & Company, PC. Her term expires June 30, 2021.
• Dale L. Gettelfinger (Floyds Knobs), CPA and former president/CEO of Monroe Shine & Co., Inc. His term expires June 30, 2021.
Indiana Civil Rights Commission
• Holli Harrington (Indianapolis), director of supplier diversity at the Indianapolis International Airport. Her term expires March 31, 2019.
Indiana Natural Resources Foundation Board
• Matthew J. Kiley (Granger), broker/agent with Holland Insurance Group LLC. His term expires June 30, 2022.
Invasive Species Council
• Rick Haggard (Carmel), executive director of the Indiana Nursery & Landscape Association. His term expires February 28, 2021.
• Kristopher Krouse (Valparaiso), executive director of the Shirley Heinze Land Trust. His term expires February 28, 2021.
• Linda Broadfoot (Indianapolis), director of Indy Parks. Her term expires February 28, 2021.
State Egg Board
• Thomas N. Lafferty (Noblesville), director of sales for Blackford County Foods. His term expires June 15, 2019.
State Ethics Commission
• Sue Anne Gilroy (Indianapolis), former Indiana Secretary of State and current vice president of development and executive director of the St. Vincent Foundation. Her term expires February 28, 2020.
Hope is Not a Plan
This is sobering. A local business broker in Indianapolis reports nine out of 10 business owners who want to sell are turned away. Of the one in 10 that does make it past the first analysis to sell, over half of those company owners don’t get the sale price they hope for or believe the business is worth. Bottom line, hope is not a plan if you want to sell your business.
Most Popular Stories
Brooke's Candy Refocuses, Will Close Terre Haute Shop
Dana-based Brooke's Candy Co. says it will close its downtown Terre Haute retail shop June 1. The location opened less than two years ago and is the company's second storefront. In a message on Facebook, Brooke's Candy Co. says the decision will allow it to focus on the Brooke's Naturals line, which includes cookie, brownie, cake and bread mixes. The company calls it a tough decision, saying...
DCS Appoints Assistant Deputy Director
The Indiana Department of Child Services has promoted Angela Smith Grossman to assistant deputy director of field operations, a new position that will focus on enhancing the agency’s foster and collaborative care programs. She has been with DCS for more than 27 years. During her tenure with DCS, Smith Grossman served as a regional manager, local office director and family case manager supervisor.
Chateau Thomas Winery Owner Dies
The owner and president of Chateau Thomas Winery in Plainfield has died. Charles Thomas, a longtime OB-GYN who practiced for more than 30 years, founded the winery in 1984 along with his wife, Jill. He was 86.
Indy Airport Among 'World's Best Domestic Airports'
Travel + Leisure Magazine has named Indianapolis International Airport one of readers' favorite domestic airports in the world. The airport landed the second spot on the magazine’s 2019 World’s Best Awards. .
Top Nature Group to Locate Global Center in Indianapolis
Indianapolis Zoo President Dr. Rob Shumaker has signed an agreement with the world’s largest and most important environmental conservation organization to locate a first of its kind global center in Indianapolis. The agreement with the International Union for the Conservation of Nature creates the first Global Center for Species Survival, which will support an estimated 9,000 experts and scientists around the world and make Indianapolis a hub for...