Indiana Offering Mobile Job SearchPosted: Updated:
The state of Indiana has added a job search feature to its mobile app. Developers say the platform allows users to search, sort and share job openings from multiple state agencies.
August 19, 2014
Indianapolis, Ind. -- Searching for a job with the State of Indiana became even easier today with the release of the newest version of the IN.gov iOS app. Career-seekers can use the app to browse for jobs directly on iPhones or iPads.
There are multiple ways that users can find jobs within the app:
• Search through all jobs
• Sort by job posting expiration date
• Sort for jobs within a particular agency
• Setup Keyword alerts for any state job or within a particular agency
If the keyword alert is activated, any future keyword matches will send a push notification to the mobile device. Once a job or jobs of interest are found, they can be saved to be viewed later, or emailed or texted to the user or someone else.
The IN.gov app was developed as a companion to the award-winning IN.gov website. Since launching on May 1, 2014, the app has been installed nearly 3,000 times. The primary function of the app is to provide access to all state iOS apps in a single spot. Users can keep this one app on their phone and still easily stay connected to all the other apps the State offers.
Additional features of the app include:
Map locations of State parks, BMV locations, historical repositories and state office buildings
• Quick access to Live Chat and FAQs
• Sharing App via text, email, Facebook, Twitter and Airdrop
• Access to State government social media outlets
• Find and agency or find a person in state government
• Access to nearly 70 agencies' news and events
An Android app is in development.
Source: State of Indiana