Growth Alliance Touts Increased ImpactPosted: Updated:
The Growth Alliance For Greater Evansville says efforts in 2013 resulted in more new and retained jobs than the previous year. The organization says it worked with more than 35 businesses last year to create more than 400 jobs and retain more than 600.
February 28, 2014
Evansville, Ind. -- Today, the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville released their 2013 Annual Report to the Community. The report outlines the Growth Alliance’s key achievements in the areas of business (and job) attraction, business retention and expansion, innovation and entrepreneurship, and corridor development.
In 2013 the Growth Alliance continued activities and initiatives that have provided positive results in prior years, while developing some new strategies to address new challenges. "We must continue to be innovative with regards to economic development, to perform in an ever-increasing competitive environment with changing demands of business and entrepreneurs," stated Growth Alliance President, Deborah Dewey.
Highlights of the report include:
• Outreach to over 35 local businesses in 2013 resulting in the addition of 400+ new jobs and retention of 600+ jobs in Evansville/Vanderburgh County
• Nearly 20 local investors and entrepreneurs used Pitch Practice events hosted by the Growth Alliance to gain valuable feedback for their business ideas
• Execution of an RFP process for construction of a shell building (for new business attraction) at the Vanderburgh Industrial Park
• Another session of Kauffman FastTrac Growth Venture was completed bringing the total number of assisted business owners to 46
• Innovation Pointe, Evansville's high-tech business incubator managed by the Growth Alliance remains 98% occupied
Since establishing new strategic areas of focus in 2011, the Growth Alliance has handled nearly 1,000 requests for assistance and actively worked on projects that are adding 1,800 new jobs with over $1 billion per year in positive economic impact. "To continue this level of service and performance, we must, and will continue to be flexible and innovative," added Dewey.
The Annual Report is available for review on the Growth Alliance website: http://www.growthallianceevv.com/news
Mission of the Growth Alliance: to drive and support economic development activities for the City of Evansville and Vanderburgh County, Indiana aimed at: attracting and creating new jobs and new revenue dollars, retaining existing jobs and revenue dollars, effectively allocating available resources and recognizing the priorities of basic industries in driving sustainable growth.
Source: Growth Alliance For Greater Evansville