More Communities Join Updated Wireless NetworkPosted: Updated:
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) has added the Anderson area to its high-speed 4G LTE wireless network. The company says the technology will also be available to customers around Pendleton. February 26, 2014
ANDERSON, IND., FEB. 26, 2014 — AT&T has turned on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network in Anderson which includes coverage in Pendleton, bringing customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. Watch here to see several of the benefits AT&T 4G LTE provides, including:
• Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering speeds faster than many other mobile Internet technologies***. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
• Reliability. AT&T has the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network. Based on our analysis of Nielsen data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.
• Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
• Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
• More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
“The ability to have access to the latest communications technology is critical in an information-driven economy,” said Anderson Mayor Kevin Smith. “Investments like this will insure that our citizens have improved wireless service to enhance their overall quality of life. Also, businesses in Anderson of all sizes will have the ability to better compete in a global economy. I would like to thank AT&T for its investment in our community.”
“We continue to see demand for mobile Internet skyrocket, and our 4G LTE network in Anderson and Pendleton responds to what customers want from their mobile experience — more, faster, reliably, on the best devices,” said Bill Soards, president of AT&T Indiana.
AT&T's 4G Network
This launch is part of AT&T's Project Velocity IP (VIP), a three-year investment plan announced in Fall 2012 to expand and enhance its IP broadband networks. Through this investment, AT&T is supporting its customers’ growing desire for high-speed Internet access and new mobile, app and cloud-based services. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to add macro cell sites nationwide by year-end 2015, as well as deploy small cells and add Distributed Antenna Systems to increase the density of its wireless network.
AT&T's innovation and investment has resulted in a nationwide 4G network with ultra-fast speeds and a consistent user experience. The great performance of AT&T’s 4G LTE network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
• Our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive’s most recent 20-market speed tests — the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked first overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T’s as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested.****
• And AT&T was named America’s fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine’s 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study — and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest.*****
AT&T's focus to deliver the best possible mobile Internet experience goes beyond 4G to embrace additional connection technologies. AT&T operates the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network****** including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots at popular restaurants, hotels, bookstores and retailers, and provides access to more than 461,000 hotspots globally through roaming agreements. Most AT&T smartphone customers get access to our entire national Wi-Fi network at no additional cost, and Wi-Fi usage doesn’t count against customers’ monthly wireless data plans.
AT&T also is a leading developer of Distributed Antenna Systems, which utilize multiple small antennas to maximize coverage and speed within stadiums, convention centers, office buildings, hotels and other areas where traditional coverage methods are challenging.
Over the past six years (2008 to 2013), AT&T invested more than $140 billion into its wireless and wireline networks, when you combine capital and spectrum acquisitions. Since 2008, AT&T has invested more capital into the U.S. economy than any other public company. In a September 2013 report, the Progressive Policy Institute ranked AT&T No. 1 on its list of U.S. "Investment Heroes."
Source: AT&T Inc.