Auer Foundation Announces GrantsPosted: Updated:
The Fort Wayne-based Edward D. and Ione Auer Foundation has announced recipients of more than a dozen grants. The funds range from $5,000 to $1 million and involve arts, media and children's organizations. January 10, 2014
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - In December 2013, the Edward D. and Ione Auer Foundation, a private charitable foundation, made gifts to 14 local organizations.
Organizations and gifts:
1. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana, endowment gift, $1,000,000
2. Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne, site expansion, $15,000
3. East Wayne Street Center, Family Literacy and Project SOLVE programs, $10,000
4. Embassy Theatre Foundation, operations and maintenance, $25,000
5. Erin's House for Grieving Children, program support, $15,000
6. Fort Wayne Ballet, Title One school partnerships, $15,000, endowment gift, $1,000,000
7. Homebound Meals, meal delivery program support, $5,000
8. Indiana Tech, Performing Arts Series support, $25,000
9. Kate's art, book donation support, $15,000
10. Matthew 25, Patient Assistance Program, $15,000
11. Mustard Seed Furniture Bank, Beds4Kids program, $10,000
12. Northeast Indiana Public Radio, WBNI classical programming, $10,000
13. PBS 39 WFWA, capital support for programming technology, $50,000
14. The Reclamation Project, volunteer and training programs, $10,000
Additional information about the Edward D. and Ione Auer Foundation The Auer Foundation is scheduled to be in existence until 2022 but will continue to impact the Fort Wayne community through endowments and scholarships. Grant selections are based on Ione Auer's past giving interests and her planning documents and from knowledge of her community involvement.
The co-trustees for the Auer Foundation are David Meyer, of Monarch Capital Management, and Lake City Bank. Additional organizations may also receive funding by submitting concept letters to the Auer Foundation. The Auer Foundation assets will be donated to accomplish and aid general charitable purposes to benefit the Fort Wayne community. In general, the interests of the Auer Foundation include music, arts, education, parks, and other charitable purposes.
For more information about the Auer Foundation, please visit www.AuerFoundation.org.
Source: The Auer Foundation