Global Ranking: Colts Gain in ValuePosted: Updated:
A national publication's annual list of the 50 most valuable sports teams in the world suggests the Indianapolis Colts franchise is more valuable than last year. Forbes estimates the team is worth more than $1.15 billion dollars, up from $1.06 billion in 2012. Forbes ranks the Colts 20th on the list, down from 19th a year earlier. It says the franchise's value comes from a "sweetheart stadium deal, passionate fans and regular playoff appearances."
The top ten are as follows:
1. Real Madrid ($3.3 billion)
2. Manchester United ($3.17 billion)
3. Barcelona ($2.6 billion)
4. New York Yankees ($2.3 billion)
5. Dallas Cowboys ($2.1 billion)
6. New England Patriots ($1.64 billion)
7. Los Angeles Dodgers ($1.62 billion)
8. Washington Redskins ($1.6 billion)
9. New York Giants ($1.47 billion)
10. Arsenal ($1.33 billion)
You can see the full 2013 list by clicking here.
You can read the publication's breakdown on the Colts by clicking here.